Are you thinking of buying a
tollerpuppy? Please keep following things in mind:
- Always ask to see the pedigree of both
parents. At least the mother's and a copy of the father's
- Ask for confirmation in writing that the
puppies will have an official pedigree, in Belgium they are given out bij
KMSH. In the Netherlands by "Raad van Beheer". On
every official pedigree in Europe you should find the logo of FCI.
- See how close both parents are related
- Look at the age of both parents.
Mothers should be at least 22 months, studdogs should be over 1 year at the
time of the mating
- Make sure the puppies grow up in the house,
with the family. Puppies need a lot of socializing and getting used to
- Keep an eye on the mother, if she is shy or
very nerveous of the visitors, she will copy that behaviour on her puppies.
- Demand to see the official hipcertifcats of
both parents. Don't let anybody fool you. The fact that
grandparents are okay doesn't automatically mean that the parents are.
Only official result can proof that.
- Same goes for the eyetest. Ask for the
official certifacts (blue ones). Ask about the DNA Pra status of both
parents. With the DNA test breeders can get rid of this disease in the
future. But then every breeders needs to do it.
- If, for any reason, you can't see the
official certicats from the parents, just walk away and try to find a
breeder that really cares about the breed. Health and behaviour of
breedingstock is very important. Not only earning money from puppies.
- Ask for an official buyers/sellers contract
and garanties in writing. When you pick up your puppy, it always has to have
the European (blue) Pasport.
Good luck on your search for a healthy and